BY CLICKING THE BOX ON YOUR APPLICATION INDICATING YOUR ACCEPTANCE (THE “ACCEPTANCE”) OF THIS ENROLLMENT CONTRACT (THIS “AGREEMENT”), YOU AGREE YOU HAVE READ AND ARE BOUND BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE AN APPLICANT, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU ARE EITHER (A) THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR JURISDICTION OR OLDER OR (B) YOU HAVE YOUR PARENT’S OR GUARDIAN’S PERMISSION TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE AN AGENT FOR AN APPLICANT, YOU REPRESENT THAT YOU HAVE THE AUTHORITY TO AGREE TO THESE TERMS ON BEHALF OF THE APPLICANT AND THAT THE APPLICANT (OR THEIR PARENT OR GUARDIAN, AS APPLICABLE) HAS REVIEWED AND AGREED TO THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MUST NOT ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND MAY NOT SUBMIT AN APPLICATION OR SUBMIT AN ENROLLMENT DEPOSIT. IF YOU ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTOOD, AND ARE BOUND BY, THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS STATED HEREIN.
- By submitting this application you are agreeing to these terms and conditions, which form a binding agreement between you and Shorelight. If you are submitting this application on behalf of another person it is your responsibility to ensure that the person applying to the University of Kansas (KU) through Shorelight is aware of these terms and accepts them, and by submitting the application you are warranting that you have made the applicant aware of these terms and that they have accepted these terms.
- If you are admitted, you will be admitted as a degree seeking student and you will enroll based on the English requirements, which can be found at https://world.ku.edu/english-requirements. You are not guaranteed admission to the University of Kansas.
- Students applying with post-secondary college credits are subject to additional requirements. You must disclose any post-secondary college credits now. If you have taken credit-bearing university-level courses after the completion of high school, you must meet the current secondary school GPA requirements, as well as any GPA requirements for post-secondary college credits, regardless of whether or not you wish to transfer such credit. Vocational and English as a Second Language (ESL) studies are not considered during the admissions review process. Acceptance of transfer credits is at the discretion of the University of Kansas. There is no guarantee that post-secondary college credits will be accepted. KU’s transfer credit requirements can be found at https://credittransfer.ku.edu/. Please familiarize yourself with these requirements prior to submitting this application.
- If you are admitted to the University of Kansas, you are required to adhere to the KU’s Policies, which can be found at http://policy.ku.edu.
Enrollment Contract – Student’s Acceptance of the Offer:
- By submitting your deposit you are agreeing to this Enrollment Contract, which forms a binding agreement between you and Shorelight (“we” or “us”). Shorelight reserves the right to amend this Enrollment Contract from time to time.
- In addition to this Enrollment Contract, as part of your conditional offer you have received other information and documents that contain additional terms of your participation. Please familiarize yourself with all documentation provided to you by Shorelight.
- Degree Verification and Non-US Institutions. KU is a U.S. accredited university. You may be required to submit your degree for verification (sometimes called “validation” or “authentication”), either by your employer or your country’s education authority if you wish to live and work in your home country. It is your responsibility to determine what level of verification is needed and how to obtain it. We do not guarantee that your KU degree will be verified outside of the U.S. Degree verification does not impact the validity or value of your degree in the U.S. Further, we do not guarantee that credits earned at KU will be transferrable to systems of higher education outside of the U.S. Whether and how much transfer credit to award is in the discretion of your employer or your country’s education authority.
Tuition and Fees; Refunds
- Tuition and fees payment. Following payment of the deposit, you must pay the remaining outstanding balance shown on your invoice by the indicated due date. You are responsible for paying the full invoice amount, including any banking or processing fees, to Shorelight.
- Failure to Pay. Failure to pay by your payment deadline will lead to penalties, including late fees, and a hold on your account that will prevent you from enrolling in classes. If you are unable to enroll due to nonpayment of tuition and fees you may become in violation of your immigration status. F-1 status violations will be reported in the SEVIS database of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
- Deposit Refunds. We will only refund your Deposit if you provide us with written notification and documentation showing that your visa application has been denied prior to the Move-In Date. Otherwise, we do not provide Deposit refunds. You must submit your deposit refund request within sixty (60) days following the Move-In Date. For the avoidance of doubt, we do not provide Deposit refunds for students who transfer their KU-issued I-20 to another institution.
- Refunds for Cancellation of Enrollment. If you cancel your enrollment prior to your move-in date (found here:https://internationalku.com/important-dates-and-costs/), you may request a full refund of fees paid, less housing and any other non-refundable fees. After the start of each semester, you may be eligible for the partial refunds of fees associated with that semester and pre-paid fees for future semesters based on the refund eligibility determined in accordance with University policy, however, any refund will be processed by Shorelight directly.
- Refunds Generally. You may be eligible for refunds during your course of study under the following circumstances: a) withdrawal or dismissal from KU during your first two semesters or b) any overpayment for your first two semesters at KU. You must submit your Refund Form for all eligible refunds within 60 business days of the qualifying circumstance. All refunds will be issued in U.S. Dollars, minus bank transfer and processing fees, including any fees incurred for a rejected payment, according to the exchange rate in place at the time of the refund. You must fill out the Refund Form made available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. We will process the refund directly to the student. Refunds are typically issued within 60 business days from receipt of completed form.
- Internships and Externships. If you are accepted into an internship or externship option, such as Shorelight’s Career Premium, all opportunities will be awarded by a third-party organization at such organization’s sole discretion
- Photography, Filming and Sound Recording. Shorelight or its representatives, affiliates, successors and related companies may arrange to photograph or shoot video footage of students for purposes of advertising, public relations, and/or promotion in any medium throughout the world, including on social media sites and on the internet. If you do not wish to participate you must advise us in writing and state at the time of the photography or video shooting the wish not to participate. By accepting this Enrollment Contract you are indicating your consent to use these photographs or video footage without further consent or notifications unless you follow the above opt-out requirements.
- Force Majeure. Shorelight will not be liable in cases where Shorelight is unable to fulfill any services because of fire, natural disaster, disease or pandemic, national emergency, act of government, acts of war or terrorism, failure of suppliers or subcontractors, labor disputes or any other reasons which are beyond Shorelight’s control.
- Liability. The liability of Shorelight, LLC, and its group companies, their directors, officers, employees, affiliates, agents and partners with respect to losses arising from negligence (except where such liability cannot be excluded as a matter of law), breach of contract or otherwise will be limited in all circumstances to the full amount paid to Shorelight, or the relevant group company by the relevant student for the particular program. Such companies and persons will in no circumstances have any liability for indirect or consequential losses or damages. Any dispute, claim or other matter arising will be subject to the jurisdiction and laws of the State of Kansas without regard to the choice of law rules. Any legal suit, action or proceeding seeking to enforce any provision of, or based on any right or issues arising out of or related to this Enrollment Contract, shall be brought exclusively in the U.S. Court for the District of Kansas. By signing these terms and conditions, the student consents to and accepts the jurisdictions of such courts for the purpose of any such action or proceeding and agree to waive any objection to venue being laid therein.
- Legal Compliance. We have a legal obligation to comply with U.S. laws and regulations. We may use certain information you provided to us on your application to ensure our compliance with export and other regulations by screening you against lists prepared by federal government agencies, such as those prepared by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) of the U.S. Department of the Treasury. You hereby consent to the transfer of your personally identifiable information to third-party screening services that we have retained solely to conduct such screenings.
- F-1 Status. In order to maintain proper F-1 visa status, you must comply with all applicable Federal regulations related to study in the U.S., including pursuit of a full course of study. Please review KU’s policies on student visa status and immigration. You will be in jeopardy of losing your immigration status if you fail to maintain the necessary academic standing. KU will be required to report any violation by you of your F-1 status to the SEVIS database of the DHS. Your personally identifiable information, including course enrollment details and changes, and circumstances of any suspected breach by you of KU’s policies may be shared with the DHS, KU and accrediting agencies, and designated authorities. If you intend to seek permanent resident status at any point during your anticipated tenure at KU, you must disclose such intent at the time of application. Please be aware that scheduling and class attendance conflicts that arise from pursuing immigration status changes will not be accommodated and may prevent you from continuing your studies.