Welcome to University of Kansas
Soon you’ll be on campus. How exciting! There is a lot to consider before you arrive. While moving to a new country can be intimidating, we’re here for you. Follow the seven steps below to make sure you have everything in place before you board the plane.
Before you start the steps below, contact your local personal advisor. Simply select your region of the world below, and send your advisor an email, Skype, WhatsApp, or WeChat message. We look forward to meeting you very soon!
Russia / Central Asia / Eastern Europe
UK and Western Europe
Ngoc Hoang (Vietnam)
+84 382 027 922
Whatsapp: +84 382 027 922
Skype: live:bichngoc.ufmEmail Ngoc Hoang
Viraja (South & West India)
Whatsapp: +91 7028090894
Skype: +91 7028090894Email Viraja
After you receive your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your Visa Application.
- Pay your I-901 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive, and required documentation.
- Notify your personal Enrollment Advisor of the date and embassy of your visa appointment.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
Making your payment in full at least two weeks before you arrive will help avoid delays with enrollment. Please refer to your statement of fees for the balance due and Applicant ID.
Submit payment for tuition and fees:
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit International KU flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you cannot use a U.S. credit card or U.S. bank account.
When purchasing your travel ticket to your new city, plan to arrive on or before your scheduled Arrival date. Please visit Important Dates page to plan your arrival accordingly.
We are so excited for you to join us on campus! To ensure a smooth transition to your new home, plan to arrive to the Kansas City International Airport (MCI).
All students are required to have a KU ID and email set up to access the first part of International Student Orientation from home, before arriving to campus. Here are the instructions on how to create your ID and email.